Thursday, January 03, 2008

Booking through Thursday #1

What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

I must admit I literature ADHD. I start each year with a list of 12-24 books that I plan on reading...and then BAMMMMM....out of no where I get blindsided. Reading other people's lists, hearing recommendations of new books, or old books that I haven't read...even as I shelve books at my local library. I get distracted!! Hording books! Gathereing more than I have time to read in my available time! I just get distracted and find by the end of the year I have not accomplished what I set out to do in the year.

This year I have joined the TBR challenge I made a list of 12 books to read (one a month should be obtainable) and 12 alternates in case I find it difficult to concentrate or am able to read more. I have included books that have caught my attention, a couple classics, books given to me by friends and family and a few that were recommended.

I pledge to try and focus on my list of books...but will not chastize myself for reading outside my list. And I will make a list of books recommended to me, or that have caught my interest for future lists in the years to come.

I must admit though that the book that has caught my interest the most is Eat, Pray and Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The fury over this book has me curious! And best of all the library called today and after weeks of patient waiting, it has arrived!

Other than this I mainly just look forward to reading. Ever since I was a child this has been a great escape for me. I love to disappear into worlds of other' creation and just the pure escapism of it all.

3 comments:

Alix said...

oh me too I just love disappearing into another world!
Enjoy your books

Anonymous said...

I too feel the same. I am looking forward to read irrespective of if I complete a challenge!

Booking through anticipation

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why Eat, Pray, Love is so popular. I read it before the hype and enjoyed it even though it didn't change my life.