Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tina's Tuesday - Favorite Holidays

1. What is your favourite holiday and why?
Christmas
This time of year has always been my favorite. The sights! The smells! The sounds! The sentimentality!!! Also, Christmas holiday is not just one day...its a season...a whole experience. Family, friends, festivities, fun! I love it all.
I start preparing for this holiday months before in anticipation. I emmerse myself in the moment.

2. What is your least favourite holiday and why?
April Fool's day.
This holiday just seems nasty to me. I can take jokes as well as anyone however, sometimes the joking goes too far and people forget about others just to get ahead of others. Who can outdo whom? There is nothing caring, loving or sentimental about this holiday at all.

3. What day would you declare a holiday? What holiday would it be?
I would declare "Me" day and it would occur on a different day for each individual. It would fall on their birthday. The holiday would be a celebration of a person's own birth. I find quite often people forget how special they really are. This holiday would celebrate the day that such a unique person was born. I can't think of anything better than remembering how miraculous birth is and how each person is special in their own way.

No comments: