Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday's Feast #6

Friday's feast is experiencing some technical difficulties so a couple regulars decided to step up to the plate and fill in the void us feasters were sure to experience this week.



Bethany created some freaky friday questions.

What are some of your favorite websites?
Yahoo groups...mainly A Loving Home
Facebook to catch up with friends and play Scrabble
Heritage Springer Owners Association
And numerous blogs I like to browse through

If you had boy/girl twins today, what would you name them?

I am a sucker for family tradition so it would probably be Anton and Sarah....my grandparents names. Both names have been handed down for generations.

What was your favorite grade in elementary school? Did you have a favorite teacher?

My most memorable grade was grade one. I didn't attend kindergarten like many of my classmates and it was a thrill to be in school. Also, I was blessed with Mrs. Rolfson as my teacher. It was her final year of teaching and she was a surrogate grandmother for all her students. I still remember sobbing at the end of the year because I couldn't imagine anyone being a better teacher than she was. She helped me to look forward to learning for years to come.
What types of punishment did your parents use while you were growing up? Which were most effective on you?

Can you parallel park? Did you have to parallel park for your driving exam?

I didn't get my drivers license until I was in my mid-30s. I remember practicing repeatedly with my husband to master this necessary item in passing my exam. The practicing sessions often ended in tears because I feared failing this all important task. Well I was able to parallel park for my exam and to this day I do everything in my power to avoid testing this skill anymore. I am sure I could struggle through if I needed to but I "hate" this skill with all my heart.



Bonus: Use this site to find where you should live. What are your top 5 and have you ever been to them before? ~~~~~
1. Las Cruces, New Mexico
2. Baltimore, Maryland
3. Oakland, California
4. Portland, Oregon
5. Chico, California
And no have not been to any of these places.



Gabriel also added questions.

Appetizer - What would be your most treasured memory of your childhood?
I have many treasured memories from my childhood. I grew up in my grandparents home with my aunts and uncles (my mom was the oldest girl). So I was lucky enough to have a housefull of "parents", "aunts and uncles" and "brothers and sisters" all rolled into one. Often the lines of relation were blurred but that is okay...I was well loved by all and knew I had someone on my side at all times.

So if I must state my most treasured memory of childhood, I would say it is that I was loved!!!!

Soup - When was the last time you just 'bit your tongue'?

I bite my tongue often. LOL I am the mom of an emerging teenage girl. That should explain everything.

Salad - Name that silly fact about you that was unknown...until now.

My bathrooms must have the toilet seats closed and toilet paper rolling from the bottom. It drives me crazy if it isn't!

Main Course - You're a superhero, but with 'non typical' superpowers. What would your super powers be, and what would you like to be called?

I would have the power of adding extra time to each day when needed and I would be called Time Infinite!


Dessert - World Cup final, Olympic Games, Superbowl, World Series, NBA finals, Stanley Cup... which one would you like to play in?

If I had any talent when it comes to sporting events I would want to participate in the Olympic Games. Don't think they have knitting or cooking as a competing sport yet.

No comments: