Thursday, February 21, 2008

Booking through Thursday # 7 and #8

Still playing catch up from last week's removal from the world. LOL



Here’s something for Valentine’s Day.

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?


After pondering this question for some time I must admit that there is only one author that I can truely say that I have "fallen" out of love with. That would be Danielle Steele. As a girl I would absorb her books at an increasingly speedy rate. However, as I entered university and was exposed to a larger world of literature, I must admit her books became boring and predictable. I was shocked at how each book seemed to flow in the same manner.

Now that being said....I still will read her books from time to time. I usually gravitate towards her literature when I need a simple escape from reality because I find she doesn't require must from me the reader.



All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

Surrounding myself with books has always given me a thrill. I love having books around to read, to look at and to enjoy. And at the moment most of my books are paperback. The reason....cost is usually the main factor,

But as I look at my collection I must admit the books I treasure the most are the hardbacks. They seem to stand up to the marching of time better....comparing books my grandmother has passed down to me. And they are just gorgeous on a bookshelf with their spines all standing in a row.

SO given the choice hardback would always be my choice if price was not a factor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I inherited a lot of real leather bound hardcovers. Old, yellowing and smelling groovy!

Format