Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The glory of small things

I have started this year with enjoyment of the small thing.
Always one who enjoys crafting, I am finding that quick projects are much more enjoyable than the sweaters that I have on the needles waiting to be finished.



I started the year with these beauties as I said before.
It only led to me wanting to work on my small items.


The
biscuit blanket was a popular item being made just before Christmas. But alas I had other more pressing projects. I made mine a bit bigger as I didn't like the way it buckled when it was empty. Overall, I am very happy with the way it turned out.

This year I have also decided to make each of the dishclothes in the group I belong to. January's first KAL was a snowflake and I think it turned out quite nicely.


I also have made a cute item...but will have to show you later. Its for my secret pal....so once she gets her finally package I will post a picture of it.

Knitting isn't the only small crafting out there....I was generously given a fob kit from
marianne





And after about 15 minutes of crafting bliss I had myself a nice piece of bling to decorate my winter purse.

Finally a huge thank you to Gail from my knitting parents. She was awarded my name in our Christmas swap which was to be gifted by December 32nd (a small joke from the group)

She gifted me with two skeins of Claudia handpainted yarns in pinks/oranges/purples/reds, a pattern to make socks and fingerless gloves and a sock blocker keychain. Can't wait to start that project.

No comments: