Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Procrastination

I am the queen of procrastination. "Afterall tomorrow is another day!" as Scarlett O'Hara would say. Never would of guessed that she is one of my favorite heroines.

One of my New Years resolutions was to start completing as many "works in progress" as possible this year.
A project that has been in the works for over 5 months is my project of the day.
A dear friend, after seeing the dresser I painted for my daughter, asked me to paint some old melamine pieces for her daughter. The dresser and nightstand were completed withing one month. However, the desk with hutch has been a true chore. Not sure exactly why...but I just couldn't get my butt in gear and work on it.

So 2 weeks ago I committed to finishing this project and yesterday I put on the final coat of varnish. Yipee! So another uncompleted project is done.







It feels so good to finish something that has just been sitting around, gathering dust and taunting me from afar.
A group I join last year
A Loving Home has a reminder sent out every Wednesday called Anti-Procrastination Day. Boy is this right up my alley. You are supposed to pick something you have been putting off and accomplish it. The reminder sure helps.

So now onto my next uncompleted project.

No comments: