Monday, March 13, 2006

Knitting and books

Knitting and reading are two of my favorite things to do.
As I was browsing the web yesterday I found books that incorporate knitting in them. How much fun is that!! Combining my two favorite activities.

Many readers also love to knit. Combine the two hobbies in this collection of books in which at least one of the characters is a knitter.

Bartlett, Anne - Knitting
Binchy, Maeve - London Transports
Braun, Lillian Jackson - The Cat Who Saw Stars
Cahill, Mary - Carpool
Cannell, Dorothy - How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams
Churchill, Jill - Farewell to Yarns
Day, Marele - Lambs of God
Grafton, Sue - "A" is for Alibi
King, Stephen - Bag of Bones
Kruger, Mary - Died in the Wool
Kurland, Lynn - The Very Thought of Love
Macomber, Debbie - A Good Yarn
O'Brian, Patrick - The Unknown Shore
Perry, Anne - The Silent Cry
Peters, Elizabeth - Night of Four Hundred Rabbits
Proulx, Annie - Shipping News
Rendell, Ruth - The Fever Tree and Other Stories
Sanders, Lawrence - McNally's Gamble
Sefton, Maggie - Knit One, Kill Two
Shields, Carol - Small Ceremonies
Smith, Robert Kimmell - Sadie Shapiro's Knitting Book
Stead, Christina - The Man Who Loved Children
Wentworth, Patricia - The Ivory Dagger
Woolf, Virginia - Jacob's Room


I think I might just have to check out a few and see what I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie!!

I have read Sadie Shapiros'Knitting Book-- and it's great! A delighful little read. It's an older book, but our library system had it. Hope you can find it.
Bonnie Evans