Sunday, October 08, 2006

SP9 questionaire

First let me start with an apology to my spoiler.
Sorry its taken to long to get this poster....life just gets in the way sometimes.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love yarns that are soft and fun....I am not a yarn snob...love the novelty yarns as much as the silk, and handpainted. Just hate anything scratchy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Right now a drawer...but have fabric cut out to make a couple rolls

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Have been knitting since I was 7. OMG!! that's 34 years. My grandmother taught me all the fun lady crafts. I am a knitter who is still learning.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No...just in my head

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Love jasmine and lavender....fruity smells....vanilla....I just love pretty smells.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

OMG yes!! Love chocolate, jelly bellies, things that combine sweet and salty.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Crochet, scrapbook, bead, paint...you name it...if I haven't tried it I would love too. Haven't done spinning yet...but thinking it might be fun.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Like 80s, country, musicals, classical....almost everything. Not crazy about rap.
Yes I have an MP3 player.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love vibrant colors...mainly reds, rusts, yellows, blues, greens....LOL okay I just love color

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with one daughter
2 cats, 1 dog, hamster and beta fish


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to all but ponchos...haven't found a pattern I like yet


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Knit almost anything. Like sweaters when I have the time to concentrate and scarves or dishclothes when I need something mindless

13. What are you knitting right now?

afghan for FIL, sweater for me and swiffer cloths to use at home

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Love them!!! They are given with love.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Like them all...but are starting to like bamboo the best

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I have a sweater that I just keep frogging and starting over...been 2 years now

18. What is your favorite holiday?

I love all holidays but if I have to chose just one I would say Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Angels, angels, oh and did I say angels....LOL
Like cookbooks and knitting pattern books.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Bamboo yarn from SWTC (just love Intolerable Cruelty)
Patterns by SWTC...Diamonds in Bamboo, Bobbie, Balleria Tank and Sweetheart (these are difficult to find in Canada)
Addi Turbo Needles (Interesting)
Cast On magazine (once again hard to find)
One Skein
Stitch Bitch Nation
Mason Dixon Knitting


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Would love to do a project that included knitting with beads

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Tried once and didn't do well. Have bought a new book and am going to try again.
shoe size is 7 1/2 measurement of foot from heel to big toe is 9"


23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

August 1st

No comments: