Thursday, January 12, 2006

SP7 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

No I am not a yarn snob. Like them all...just prefer something that isn't too itchy!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I crochet. Have never spun but am interested in trying

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

The case one set was bought in and the rest in a wooden box

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for about 33 years but I still have lots to learn.
Learned many of my grandma's bad habits...am learning the correct ways now..LOL

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not yet

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like lavendar, musks, and vanilla

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Absolutely and my waistline shows it. I like good chocolate or hard candies. I also like trying out new candies from different places (things I might not be able to get normally)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I do it all...sew, bead, knit, crochet, quilt, cross-stitch, scrapbook and am always looking for new crafts to try

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like 80s, soft rock, classical, country...almost anything. Not crazy about rap though. My equipment will play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Favorite color is red, red, red!!! Oh did I say red...LOL
I also like orange, rust, turquoise, blues, greens...mainly jewel tones...but like some pastels too.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Have two cats, a dog, a beta fish, one adorable hubby and one strong willed daughter

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves, mittens, hats, and am looking for a nice pattern for a light poncho..simple in style

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Don't have a favorite. Each has its place and purpose.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything that itches. Hate it!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Things for me.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Quick knitting is scarves hands down but I like challenges too.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Two sweaters and a clapotis

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes...I love to get things that people have made themselves...shows their talent and how much they care.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on what I am making

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Am not crazy about aluminum...have mainly plastic but was exposed to bamboo in SP5 and must admit Love them!!!

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No I don't

22. How did you learn to knit?

My grandmother taught me when I was 7

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

A sweater with a bear and christmas wreath on the front. It is 17 years old and I forgot I had it until this summer when I was looking thru boxes in the basement.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Love elmo...cookie monster...Dogs...cats...

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas..followed by easter and thanksgiving

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Angels!!! They are everywhere in my house.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Don't have any but am thinking about subscribing to "Cast ON"

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Stitch 'N Bitch Nation
A Good Yarn: Knit along with Deb Macomber
Knit along with Deb Macomber
The Yarn Shop series by Deb Macomber
Last Minute Knitted Gifts

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Lace and cables

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Knit my first pair back in August. I wear a size 7 shoe

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

August 1

No comments: