Sunday, September 16, 2007

Christmas Around the World

I am a huge sucker for Christmas. This is the one season that tugs at my heartstrings year round. And its not just the gifts! I love the sentiment of putting others first. I love the smells of cinnamon, evergreen and cloves. I love the sounds of bells chiming and carols being sung. I love the sappy movies that go along with Christmas and brotherly love. Its a Wonderful Life. Miracle on 34th Street. The Santa Clause.

With this in mind I decided to join the Christmas around the World swap. What could be more up my alley...LOL

Here is my questionaire for my swapping partner.



Are you religious? Spiritual more than an organized religion

How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I have been knitting since I was 7 when my grandmother told me all girls needed to know the basics. (35 years) My knitting life since has be both obsessive and non-existant...just depends on the time in my life and the season.

Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Almost any handicraft you can think of...cross-stitch, scrapbooking, beading, crocheting, painting and the list goes on

Favorite color(s)? Love vibrant true colors but my favorite is red

Do you collect anything? Angels..especially if they have expressive faces

Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? itchy wools and smoke

Do you have any pets? Yes dog, cats and hamster

Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Herbal or green tea, flavored coffees

Cookies or Sweets? Like both...its my weakness next to wools

Do you knit socks? Have made 2 pairs. Not an obsession but I enjoy a simple pattern

If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I am a sucker for novelty wool. Each September I check out the new types and knit up a few scarves. My collection is endless....LOL

Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Absolutely. We have our big one in the livingroom and our smaller version in our family room. I am Christmas obsessive.

Favorite holiday treats? Gingerbread tea or coffee, Cinnamon candies, apple cider

Favorite holiday smells? Fresh stuffing being made, turkey baking, cinnamon, cloves, fresh baking

Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.
We are a traditional family...one gift christmas eve, stockings in the morning and then gifts followed by crepes and strawberries for breakfast and turkey for dinner. We try to stay home for Christmas eve, christmas and boxing day. Days before and after we share with extended family...often travelling a bit. Family means a lot to me.

What are your favorite holiday traditions? Family breakfast after gift opening. Chosing the one new ornament for each family member each year. Re-reading the christmas classics. Listening to music. Putting up the tree with my daughter.

Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” family

If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? an angel

What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? Given - afghan I made the three grandmothers to keep them warm ( have my grandmother's now that she has passed. Received - an angel necklace my husband got me the christmas after my son passed.

When do you start your Christmas? December 1st because hubby insists nothing should go up sooner...but occassionally I start slipping things out before.

Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? If I remember I send them out...usually comical bought cards. Would be fun to try homemade this year

What is your favorite Christmas dish? My grandmother's homemade sage stuffing

Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Haven't seen carolers in ages. I remember singing carols door to door as a kid and getting cookies or something hot to drink at people's homes

When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? One on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas morning

Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Depends from year to year...always family and sometimes friends are included

Can't wait for this swap to begin....Merry Christmas all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm your booty swap partner, can you post a new wishlist of things you want (knitting related and other?!) That would be great!

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Jamie! I'm so sorry about your son and grandmother :( I hope you have many happy memories of both to sustain you. I make sage stuffing too (usually at Thanksgiving) and it's the same recipe my mom and her mom made! Yum! Hope you are enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire.