Monday, February 26, 2007

If at first you don't suceed, try, try again!

I have always hated failing. And nothing sends a bigger red flag in my face then telling me "I can't" do something. It always makes me try harder.

Lately I have been attempting to expand my knitting abilitities. Some things are more challenging than others. I have made dish clothes, knit with novelty yarn, and felted and enjoyed each new adventure. However, knitting socks was not so successful.



These were my first attempt. Love the colors but the technique needs a lot to be desired. The heels pull funny, and the socks ended up being way too big in the foot and tight around the calf. I was disheartened.

The socks didn't go to waste...they are now around the house slipper socks. And I told myself I would try again.

Fast forward almost 2 years. One of my knittingparents buddies gifted me with some gorgeous handpainted yarn and a pattern to make socks and loads of encouragement to get started. With a little apprehension I cast on and so far so good.

Looking great actually!

1 comment:

R a i n said...

Those seem to coming along great!

Thanks for being such a nice spoiler Jamie for my first round of SP ever.

God Bless and hope you have a great week!