Friday, November 17, 2006

Peeping Friday

It's Friday!!
Then end of the work week.
All I want to do is knit lately...not complete projects....just knit, knit, knit!!!

Over-zealous behavior can be a disaster.
Has this ever happened to you???


Knitting along happily. Making lots of progress and then it happens. A mistake is found. Be it a dropped stitch. Too many stitches. Pattern doesn't work. Sigh.
Here it is too many stitches and after 20 minutes of looking the project over and over and over....


I had to frog the project. All that beautiful work reduced to a pile of yarn.
But then I saw a positive in the experience. Why knit the sweater in pieces.
So I wound the yarn back into a neat ball and cast on stitches to make it in the round.

I think it looks much better this time around.

I also found some gorgeous novelty yarn. I showed it some time last month.
It was a light greeny-blue with pieces of yarn and fabric woven into it.
Well I finally made it into a scarf.

I love it!!!
And this one is not going to be gifted to anyone but me. LOL
Now I am thinking maybe I should go back to the LYS and see if they have some more. Make gloves with it on the cuff and maybe a hat in a similar color.
Would make a stylish set for the oncoming winter.

And finally I want to introduce you to a new friend of mine.
Sheridan turned 11 last month and as part of her gift, we visited Build a Bear
This is one of her favorite things to do. I believe this is her third or fourth time. While there I saw they had Harley clothes. So what did I do....I made myself a stuffy as well.

May I introduce to you....Harley the Bunny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you, having to frog so much of your work! Sometimes it seems that we lose concentration for just one tiny second, but it's enough that all these hours of work were in vain - and off to frogging it is. A nightmare, isn't it? But your idea with beginning the sweater again, this time working in the round, is definitely great, it looks perfect now!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry you had to frog all of your hard work! I hope it turns out better for you this time around! Your bunny is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi again, from your KTC Holiday Swap partner!

The bunny is excellent, I especially like the sunglasses ...

I just noticed (duh) that your address has Sheep in it - wow, you really do take this seriously, don't you?? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that, re: the frogging....NOT FUN! At least you hadn't gone any further.

Your bunny is a real cutie.

Huggs, G :)

Anonymous said...

The bunny is soo cute! We have a Build a Bear near us, been in several times, never purchased! I love the color of the sweater! I had to frog the cuff of a sock last night, it was too big (this after getting gauge....there was no way it would stay up if I finished it). Love the scarf as well...

Your secret pal!