I have finally been accepted into the close circle of friends known as SP5.
I am beyond thrilled! I love mystery, intrigue and just getting to know new people...this all said I guess it is time to fill out my questionaire for my buddy.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
No I am not a yarn snob. I love all types of yarn but shy away from anything too scratchy if the item being made is for me....I hate hives! My reintroduction to the love of knitting and the community online that comes with it is showing me that experimenting can be fun
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No I do not spin...have been curious about it though. My community has a local spinning group. I might just have to check it out in September (see my hubby shiver with fear)
I do crochet...not as often as knitting though.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
On allergies are to smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting?
My grandmother taught me when I was 7 years old...so it is going on 33 years...Oh My!
Of course, I have my peaks and valleys on my enthusiasm.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No I don't....I should maybe look into having one
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love musk scents...nothing too sweet.
I also love jasmine and lavender.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Too much so...LOL
I love salty stuff too and the two together is unbeatable!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I am a crafter at heart....I scrapbook, paint, needlepoint, knit, crochet, am thinking of starting quilting, beads....you name it.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love most music....but lean towards soft rock, 80s, pop and country
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Red, red, red and oh did I say red....LOL Red is my signature color but I also like most other colors....vibrant color over pastel anyday.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a SAHM to an energetic 9 yr old girl, motorcycle riding hubby, one husky named Scout, two cats and a Beta fish.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I am hoping to expand my alternative medicine training to enrich my experience.
Right now I am a certified reflexologist and love it....when I am actively working.
I am hoping to take aromatherpy next.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't really have a favorite wool right now. I do however love anything soft in nature and vibrant in color.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Once again nothing I really absolutely hate except maybe anything scratchy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Anything for me...LOL I have a bad habit of knitting for everyone else.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don't have a favorite...as long as I am knitting..that is all that matters.
17. What are you knitting right now?
I am currently making a stole, sweater for me and cardigan for my daughter
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I love them...am searching for a pattern...would like to find one that is lacey with little fringe.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Am starting to really like circular needles...just finishing a sweater where there is no side seams
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am not a needle snob...will knit on almost anything...but am interested in trying out bamboo
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet...but looking for an easy pattern to try.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me with a needle my grandfather cut in half and her mother's knitting bag.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a barbie blanket I made as a kid...my daughter now has it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love the looney toons....mickey mouse but my all-time favorite is Spike(the dog that protects Tweety)
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect angels!!!!!!!!!!!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not yet but am thinking about subscribing to "Cast On"
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Stitch 'n Bitch (a knitters handbook) by Debbie Stroller