Monday, January 04, 2010

Menu Monday (#1)...January 4 - January 10

It is time to start the new year getting back to basics.  Having a menu makes life so much easier, especially with my dear daughter's busy schedule.  I am hoping to utilize things I already have in my pantry and freezer - clean out the old to make way for the new.  Also, I am looking forward to reading everyone else's creative menu ideas.


This week we are having.........

Monday - Pasta with sauce
Tuesday - Ham with scalloped potatoes
Wednesday - Pancakes
Thursday - Turkey soup and buns
Friday -  Hamburgers with home fries
Saturday - Out to friends ( I bring dessert - lefsa)
Sunday -  Turkey and fixings

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds good Jamie!! Tell me about lefsa. (by the way, I was looking for the thumbs up button! LOL)

Spike said...

Lefsa is a Norwegian flatbread - somewhere between a crepe, tortilla or pancake and is made with potatoes. Growing up it was often used as a bread with meals. But my favorite memory of lefsa is how it was served at Christmas...two pieces sandwiched together with butter, sugar and cinnamon. Not the most healthy but oh does it bring back memories.