Saturday, September 10, 2005

SP6 questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!! I love to experiment with all yarn types.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet but have never tried my hand at spinning...however I am starting to think I might in the future

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies at all...just sensitivities to smoke and textures

4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting since I was about 7...over 30 years

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I don't have one yet but am thinking it is time I check into it

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love lavendar, jasmine, vanilla and musk scents
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes I do...especially hard candies and chocolate

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like to try all things...cross stitch, scrapbooking, sewing, painting, beadwork, and am thinking strongly about starting to do some quilting

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all types of music...country, rock, pop, classical...you name it.
My machine can play MP3s


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like red, red and oh ya...red!!! LOL
I like bright true colors....blue, green, red, pink, orange, etc.
I am not a black, white or gray person...find them non-colors


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a SAHM for one motorcycling loving hubby, an energetic 9 yr-old daughter, one huskey (Scout), two cats (Patches and Sierra), and one beta fish (Ming)

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Life dreams...hmmmmm....travel...spend time with my family....pursue my interests...always learning new things...hopefully take an aromatherapy class soon...but most of all I am trying to be happy in the moment.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything that is soft to the touch

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything scratchy to the touch

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I am trying my hand at knitting socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
As long as I am knitting...I am happy!

17. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, a stole, cardigan and a cami

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Am looking for a nice light pattern poncho for the cooler months.
Have made a poncho for my daughter as well


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Either is fine with me


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have them all...but am finding I like bamboo the best

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Trying it right now for the first time thanks to my SP5 buddy

22. How did you learn to knit?
My dear sweet grandmother who passed away this summer

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
(hanging my head in shame)...as I was cleaning up my craft room, I found a Christmas sweater I started over 16 years ago...needless to say it isn't finished...lol


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love Eeyore, Elmo and Spike the dog

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas all the way

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Angels

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not yet but am thinking about subscribing to "Cast ON"

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, Knitting without tears, Last Minute Knitted gifts,and Knit along with Debbie Macomber (either book)

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
The Cutaway, Scoop du Jour and Ribby Cardi on Chicknits

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
Foot measurements??? 8 1/4 inches long...wear size 7-8 shoe
Like light cotton or fuzzy, soft and warm socks

1 comment:

cindy said...

Jamie.....glad to hear you are knitting socks. I look forward to hearing more about them. Perhaps you'll post a pic or two.