Thursday, September 22, 2005

Its official!

As of 10:30pm, on Wednesday, September 21, I have knitted my first sock.
I made it out of Knitpicks Simple Stripes.
For a first attempt, I think it is alright. However, the crafter in me is seeing all the mistakes...lol The sock is a bit long and the heel just doesn't sit right when the sock is flat, but when it is on all is fine.

I am thrilled to say I have entered the world of sock knitters. Now to move onto two so that I can have a pair and actually wear my creation.

Promise pictures will be posted soon. Hubby has the camera on his vacation. I put a word into the Christmas fairy that it sure would be nice to have my own digital...let's see what Christmas brings.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Jamie, congratulations on your first sock! I can't wait to see it! If it is fine when you wear it, don't worry about how it is off. The fit is all that matters. :-)

(It may also right it's self when you wash it, too)

By the way. I got a very lovely package today. Thank you! I sent you an email but my ISP is not letting my mail go out right now. :-( Hopefully that email will zip it's way to you soon. lol

cookingforjp said...

Jamie
great Job on knitting a sock. Awesome.
I can't wait to see pictures, I wanna get some of the sockyarn from knitpicks, definetly have to put that in with my next order. Which hopefully will be next month.
Have a great friday and knit on!!!

luvs2knit said...

Jamie...That's wonderful that you knitted your first sock. Now, the hard part of knitting the second pair. It won't be exactly like the first. But, you probably won't buy store-bought socks again.

cindy said...

I'm so excited about your sock knitting. Please show us a pic....