I have done it. I signed up to the TBR challenge again for 2008.
After much agonizing about what to plan for...I have choosen.
1. Eat, Pray , Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. Bastard out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
3. About a Boy by Nick Hornby
4. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
5. Persuasion by Jane Austen
6. The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
7. The Whitehorn Woods by Maeve Binchy
8. Eldest by Christopher Paolini
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
10. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
11. THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH, by Ken Follett
12. Homeland by John Jakes
1. Sons and Loves by D.H. Lawrence
2. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maude Montgomery
3. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
4. Where Nests the Water Hen by Gabrielle Roy
5. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
6. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
7. All that Lives by Melissa Sanders-Self
8. Twice Burned by By Jan Coffey
9. For whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
10. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
11. Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier
12. P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern
Hope I can accomplish this list. Many of these books have been on "the list" for many years.
Monday, December 10, 2007
|You Know a Lot About Christmas|
You got 8/10 correct
You know tons about the history and traditions surrounding Christmas.
When you celebrate the holidays, you never forget their true meaning - or all the little fun details.
Random Christmas fact: Most Christmas trees are edible. The needles are a good source of Vitamin C.
|What The Holidays Mean to You|
For you, the holidays are about emotional connections and bonds. You are happiest being around those you love.
You celebrate the holidays in a minimalist style. You are likely to only give one great present and decorate your house with a few special items.
During the holidays, you feel magical. You love all of the decorations and how happy people are. You like to sit back and take it all in.
You think the holidays should be nostalgic and sweet. The holidays bring out your inner child.
Your favorite holiday memories strongly evoke your senses. You are vividly aware of all the tastes, smells, and sounds of the holidays.
|You Are Valentine's Day|
You are a true romantic who places the ultimate importance on love.
You are warm hearted, and you find it easy to care for people.
Love is what drives you - and you have a love to give.
You enjoy making someone's day. You're full of surprises.
What makes you celebrate: Being with the person you love on a special day
At holiday get togethers, you do best as: The sentimental one
On a holiday, you're the one most likely to: See it as romantic and special